Tuesday, July 22, 2008

petit bwa

it is 6:21 am and half of the team is departing for the 2 hour walk in the mountains. I have much glee that it is not me!!! :) Nathan is leading this trip up and pray for them that they stay cool, and that they will not be too exhausted. The rest of us will be riding with Troy and Adam in the truck. We hear this is not such an easy ride so please pray for all of us as well! :)

We will be doing a 3 hour bible school and then will be going out into the villiage to pray for people and to hand out bibles. We will probabably be back around 5:00pm. This is a new place for me and i am excited to meet these new people and share Christ with them.

last night was hot sleeping so a lot of us did not get the sleep we needed so pray that we all stay calm and cool. The team has been getting along well together and there has been no problems.

Amy K. We have been praying for you at the prayer walk! We thank you for your worn out knees!!

Tomorrow is the resort and i believe after today it will be much needed!!! I am not sure what it is about this place but i just LOVE it here. it is so peaceful and its sooooo beautiful. Even with the heat.

I do not have any pictures loaded up yet but as soon as i can on Tiffany's computer i will work on getting them loaded. one of my friend's kathy told me that she is surprised that there is internet here. yes, it surprises me too. it is a satelite service and this week is working very well. it always amazes me that the villagers have no food but they have cell phones.

until later.........

5 comments:

Terry said...

Sounds awesome Brenda! Praying for you and can't wait for those pictures! terry

T and T Livesay said...

I prayed for you as you walked out this morning ... thinking today is going to be great... wish I were with you guys.

love love love you-
t.

ps- sorry about troy's ugly shirt.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I had to laugh about the sleeping - no. not because you weren't sleeping -- BUT last night I also couldn't sleep and prayed for all of you. I even said "Lord, I don't know why You want me to pray for all of them now - They are all sleeping." Little did I know then why you needed prayer - so you would be resting IN HIM!
I hope today went well. Very specific names were coming to mind frequently throughout today.

Mari said...

It's always great to get these updates. Hope everything went well for both teams. Praying for all of you!

Melissa said...

Sounds like you're having a great time and God is doing great things. You all are in my prayers!