Monday, September 08, 2008

The Isaiah project

Hard to believe its Monday. Troy is on his way home and sitting in Miami. He should be on his way to Port in about 20 minutes. It was awesome having him here again. Thank you Troy for everything. Shopping with you was a blast last night!!! I am still picturing you walking through the airports with you big tension curtain rod!! :) Thank you Tara for letting him come. It was a HUGE God filled weekend!!! I just wish you could have been here with us.


The Isaiah project itself was AWESOME!!! I cannot even begin to describe how wonderful it was. It was also very heartbreaking. The hardest part has been to see the glazed look in people's eye and the apathy we see in our own churches. When we have the Holy Spirit in us how in the world can we ignore that 300 billion people still have never heard of Christ
and NOT EVEN CARE. I just do not get it. I am not great with words but a very good friend of mine is so I am going to send you to her blog to read it. Please do it has a message we all need to hear if we call ourselves Christians.

This is what Diane wrote about the conference

As Christian we really need to open our eyes to EVERY person around us and wonder is that person saved? We cannot save them but Jesus can and its just up to us to tell them!! We HAVE to stop worrying about who we might offend when the awesome news we have will bring them into eternity....

These may be some tough posts to read but the truth is NEVER easy to hear.....

2 comments:

Diane said...

I'm flattered that you linked to my post! :) I know that the words came from the Holy Spirit because I have a hard time focusing my thoughts from the "Project".

I was remembering something that I heard but I'm not sure it was from the conference or not. Someone said that if people do not have the compassion of Christ then maybe they are not saved themselves! WOW - that's really something to think about! Where is our heart? It should be like the heart of God!

Hmmm... more to think about!

Chad and Tammy said...

I agree with Diane - I am having a hard time processing all that happened at the Isaiah Project. What I do know, is that God is moving in mighty ways, and I SO want to be a part of it!