Friday, February 16, 2007



I realized in my last post I forgot to explain the picture where we are all sitting in the little room. After church the Pastor and his wife wanted to feed us. They brought all 14 of us into the room and they had all these chairs set up in the room. The room was about the size of a very small bedroom. It was so tight. However we had more than a few laughs about being this close to eachother. Good thing we all like eachother because they actually had a buffet type table set up however we could not move so the people in the front row had to hand plates of food back. The food was very good. We had chicken legs, rice and beans, tomatoes, greens, plantains (looks like a banana, tastes like a potato) these are not very good boiled but I love them fried. They then taste a little bit like french fries. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Brenda,
Thanks for sending me a link to your blog. It was great reading about your time in Haiti. Isn't Haiti beautiful? The people, the culture and the land? My daughter Kristin and I hope to visit the Livesay's this coming June.
Cheryl