Tuesday, January 06, 2009

What happened the year I was born!! 38 years ago today!! January 6th!!

I thought this was cute! I found it on Mari's blog.




In 1971 (the year you were born)



Richard Nixon is president of the US



Charles Manson and 3 of his followers are convicted of multiple counts of first-degree murder



An earthquake in California's San Fernando Valley kills 64 people



New York Times begins publication of classified Pentagon papers on US involvement in Vietnam



The $70 million Kennedy Center opens in Washington, DC



A four day revolt at New York's Attica state prison ends after being stormed by 1000 state troopers



A new stock-market index called the Nasdaq debuts



Walt Disney World opens



Intel releases world's first microprocessor, the 4004



Ray Tomlinson sends the first e-mail



Libertarian party established in USA



Kid Rock, Denise Richards, Sean Astin, Winona Ryder, and Ricky Martin are born



Pittsburgh Pirates win the World Series



Baltimore Colts win Superbowl V



Montreal Canadiens win the Stanley Cup



The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath is published



The Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour premieres on television



"Bridge Over Troubled Water" by Simon & Garfunkel wins Grammy for song of the year



All in the Family premieres

7 comments:

Mari said...

This is perfect for you today on your birthday! Some great things happened that year - including you!

Lisa said...

happy birthday

Chad and Tammy said...

That's really cool. I'm going to have to try it!

Hope you had a great birthday!

DawnS said...

Happy Happy Birthday (yesterday)!!! Gosh it seems like everyone is younger than me these days... ;)

DawnS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cherdecor said...

Oh, I missed your birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day.

Kate said...

I am so behind on reading my favorite blogs so I am catching up today... Happy belated birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day. I hope you are still celebrating!
Kate