Saturday, January 10, 2009

Remodel

As you know we had some water damage in our great room that we are getting fixed. It is amazing how that always turns into doing the next room and the next and so one!! It took us about 1 1/2 weeks to get all the wallpaper off the dining room and the hallway. A few of the kids had a lot of fun taking the wallpaper off.





(above) Nate starting to paint. (above) This is the red that we chose.
(below) This is the finished wall!! I love it!! It turned out so good!! We chose a coffee color for the hallway and the rest of the dining room.
This turned out really well too. These rooms looks so different and so
much better!
.It did not show up so good so I guess you will all just have to come visit and see the real thing!!

10 comments:

Mari said...

It looks so nice. What a change! Aren't you glad you had that damage now?

A Stone Gatherer said...

I like the sound of your hallway color!!! Coffee!!! It looks great Brenda!

Cherdecor said...

Everything looks so nice! You have a lovely home.

Chad and Tammy said...

That looks SO nice! I can't wait to see it for real!!

Cheri said...

It looks so great. Isn't amazing what a fresh coat of paint does!!!

Diane said...

Oooohhh! I love it!!!! Coffee color... is it scratch and sniff??? :)

Anita said...

Looks great Brenda!! Don't ya love it when those projects are finished? LOL!! You can step back and look and be oh so glad you did it.

Terry said...

Brenda, I'll consider that an invite! When should I book our flight! Hehe!

We've been stripping wallpaper from my livingroom, stairway and upstairs hall for a 1 1/2 years now...really, I'm not kidding. We did get one coat of paint on the livingroom walls, we also refinished the wood floors... now for the steps and the upstairs...we are just so slow!

But the paint looks great, I'm showing Brad :-) Terry

TJWright said...

Hey, it looks good, in fact that red looks similar to the paint I have sitting in a can ready for my kitchen, so when is your crew coming up to help me get the paint on the walls??? Come anytime, should only take an hour for you to get here!

Janell

Tiffany said...

it looks lovely!!! can't wait to see it tomorrow! :)