Friday, November 21, 2008

Nate's Aunt

I just received an email from Nate's cousin!!! Thank you all for the prayers!! Please keep them coming!!

What a roller coaster this past week has been! In a 24 hour period we went from anticipating a very serious surgery, to staying in the hospital for 6 - 8 weeks with only IV fluids for 4 of those weeks to eat a full meal, keep it down and you can go home!

I don't think the doctors are still 100% sure of what was going on with my mother! Hower, on Tuesday she made such a turn around that it was decided that she could try a small amount of fluids by mouth. When that went well, they added more fluids, then a soft diet then a regular meal. Alll this was done on a trail basis, if there was any pain in the stomach, it would be immediate surgery. THERE WAS NO PAIN!!! It was amazing.

My mom came home yesterday afternoon, and last I heard she was dusting. Since she has her left arm is in a cast - this is not easy. But I have a very stubborn and determined mother! I think this personality trait helped her throughout this trail.

The doctor kept saying how he could not believe what was happening! He told my mom she was a miracle. I agree - but I also KNOW that it was the prayers of those who love and care about her that played the biggest role in her healing. So thank you - and thank you for the help you gave me with your comments and concerns.

Please continue to pray for a full recovery. If there is any indication of pain, it is an ambulance ride right back to Spectrum. So with this excitement, there is fear and trepidation that we are not out of the woods yet. However, we are celebrating the measure of health she has and continuing to trust that the Lord will bring her complete health and strength. After these past 24 hours, how can we expect anything more?!!

God bless!

2 comments:

Mari said...

That is amazing! What an answer to prayer!

Cheri said...

Oh God is good- what a thankful Thanksgiving they will have this year!!