Monday, August 04, 2008

Coast Guard Festival



For over 80 years Grand Haven, Michigan has hosted their annual coast guard festival. It is two weeks long and there are carnival rides, awesome food, awesome fireworks on the last night and you can even tour some of the coast guard ships. It was such a gorgeous day on Saturday that at 1:00pm we decided to head out to Grand Haven to check it out. There were thousands of people!! However we love to people watch so we had a blast with the kids. The board walk is about 2 miles long I think and we would walk out to the pier. It is so beautiful and right on the shores of Lake Michigan.



We spent time touring the ships, which the kids, loved. The best part of it was that it was free!
We had lunch at a neat hot dog place and then found a great seat to sit and watch the fireworks. They were fabulous!
Of course I forgot my camera. We had a few pictures on our phone but we need to get a card to get them off. Someday I will remember to bring it with me!!

1 comment:

Cherdecor said...

It looks like you had a great time. The water looks a little choppy. Maybe that is the way it always looks. I have never seen the great lakes up close. I only flew over them.