I cannot believe I have not written anything since Oct 13th. Where has the time gone.
We have been discerning going to Haiti for 10 weeks this summer for Nate to teach a course to the Haitian trainers at Ebenezer called, Discipleship Essentials by Greg Ogden. I highly recommend this study. It is incredible! These Haitian Trainers will then be teaching this course to the people of Haiti.
On Dec 8, Nate was supposed to meet with some people from a foundation that is located in Midland, Mi. This was going to make our decision for us whether or not we go to Haiti with the whole family. A few weeks back we found out that the meeting has been postponed to February and that made us take a few steps back and we were a little disheartened. However, we have learned in the past that a lot of the time God will ask you to take a big step out in faith even when you do not know where the money is going to come from. We did this with Hannah and every penny was provided for her adoption. So we know without a doubt if God calls you to do something He will provide for it.
Nate, the kids, and I spent the last week really praying about what to do. What we have heard is God asking us do we trust Him?! Wow, how do you say no to that. So with a great peace we are moving forward. We have also learned that it is okay that the foundation changed the meeting to February. They had a bunch of board members that could not make it to the meeting and they want Nate to be able as much time as he can to present Ebenezer to them. So instead of telling him to come for only a few minutes in December they are allowing him all the time he needs in February and that shows that they are really interested in what he has to say and what Ebenezer is all about!
We are thinking of doing a few fundraiser Dinners and some different things to raise some money too as we will also have to pay our bills back here. Like I said though God will provide what is needed to the very penny! I love watching Him do this!
There are two major downsides for me in this.
One of them is leaving my friends for that long. However I know that they will be praying for us every step of the way and that gives me such a huge comfort.
The second one is we have to leave our puppy behind. We have a Boston Terrier and they are in the snub-nosed breed classification. This means the airlines will not fly them into hot countries.
This means we will need someone to move into our house for the summer to take care of her and to take care of things around here. We really want Ella to stay in our home as that way it is familiar to her. Any takers? We have had one person in mind and I have actually talked to her so if YOU are still interested let us know! :) You know who you are!
Please pray for us, pray for the finances and pray for everything to fall into place. One really big bright spot for us is that there will be a Haiti team that will be flying down around the 2nd week of August. This will include some of my very close friends that I will be MORE than excited to see by that time.
One other bright spot for me is that our friend, Tiffany, will also be flying to Haiti with us to help me out with the kids, and anything else that the mission needs. We hope to get the kids involved and doing some things around the mission and what ever else God has in store for us!
This is all exciting and scary at the same time.