Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Thoughts

I have had so many thoughts since we came home from Haiti a few weeks ago. Can it really be about 3 weeks since we came home? Wow, amazing.

I know there are quite a few people out there that just do NOT get my love for Haiti. It is truly a love that has come from the Lord. He put this place on my heart as it is somewhere I never in a million years wanted to go. I grew up thinking of this awful, evil place.

It is NOT like that at all. It is a place where I truly feel and rely on God. I have a hard time doing that in the US. I LOVE my savior with all my heart but there I feel so free. I feel such a passion. People here just do not seem to need God. We seem to have it all. This is truly a blessed Nation and people still do not get it. It breaks my heart. We are blessed so we can be a blessing to others. I am so tired of the need for stuff and more stuff. The people in Haiti do not have stuff and they do not miss it. They are happy without it. I want to be that way.

I have had several people tell me lately that I must be so happy to be home. I have to be honest and say I really am not. I miss Haiti something awful fierce. I know I have a few team members that totally understand that. When I flew into Haiti this past trip I actually had tears knowing I was coming to a place where I loved and I feel God completely.

I am happy that God has called lots of you to different places and different things. I pray that you will follow God in everything you do and I pray that a passion fills all of your hearts to spread the name of Jesus everywhere you go.

There are some exciting things coming in the near future. It is still on God's time frame but we can see doors opening to a start of a new mission project that will be modeled after Gospel for Asia. Troy L, One of the people we will be working closely with will be here in a few weeks to speak at The Isaiah project. I hope and pray that those of you in the area have really prayed about whether to attend or not. It is truly going to be a time of giving Glory to God. It is NOT just about mission but is is our Response to our Father in Heaven, Our Abba, our Papa! that is what mission work is. Giving back to our awesome savior!!!

Troy will be spending the weekend with us and on Sunday afternoon we will be sitting down and figuring out exactly what this mission will look like and what we need to to do to get it off the ground. Please keep us in your prayers that we stay aligned with what God is showing us. What He has shown us so far is AWESOME!!!

Now do not get me wrong. I love my home, my family, my friends. You ALL mean the world to me in ways I cannot ever express fully.

It truly amazes me to this day how God has brought all of you into my life for a time such as this. This network of friends He has given to us just brings me to tears when I fully think about it.

This is the video that we showed on Sunday night at our Haiti testimony time. Thank you to all those that were around that were there to support us! It means more than you know!!! :)


8 comments:

Chad and Tammy said...

I SO get what you are saying. There are all kinds of distractions here. Not only material things, but busy schedules.

I am so excited to see how God lays out the plans for the new mission!

Thanks for posting the video. I was hoping that someone had put it on YouTube so that I could post it too!

I count it a blessing to have you as a friend and a sister in Christ.

Anonymous said...

Brenda:

Does this mean a move to Haiti in your future!?!?!

Love you
Karla

Diane said...

I thought I was handling the emotions pretty well this time but maybe that was because I had so many people praying for me when we went to Alaska. Now they're starting to come back again and I am missing Haiti sooooo much! I'm praying for them to be safe through Hurricane Gustav! The center of it is going through this afternoon!

I know God is leading you where you need to go and what you need to do and I also know that your hearts are tuned to Him! Wait on Him and be still - He'll tell you what to do next and when. If you do end up moving to Haiti - you will have to figure floor space for me to come and visit!!!!! ;) (not even close to kidding)!

T♥RI said...

You know I understand what you're saying. And I know that you are excited for school to start next week, which I am starting to get a little excited for actually (shh don't tell anyone ;P) but just for the education part and realizing what a blessing it is for me to be able to go to school and learn and be driven there every day and have it right down the road, when all these kids in Haiti don't know if they're going to be able to go to school or if all the kids are going to be able to go in a family or if they have to pick and choose and they may have to walk for a long time to get there. I am NOT excited about having to talk to most of the kids in my grade though. There are a few kids who I want to scream in their faces and be like "Don't you get it?!?!" But I can't. So I resist and try to avoid them.

I also wanted you to know that even though I have seen the video twice before, I watched it again (why wouldn't I??... :)) and I felt so connected to it... like I don't even know how to explain what I was feeling when I watched it. But it was a cool feeling. Good job video maker :)

Love you! tori

Mari said...

I haven't been there, so I don't get it like those of you who have been there feel it. I think it's great that God puts that love in your hearts and that desire. So far, He has not given me that nudge to go - but who knows what will happen in the future. It does seem that Haiti really "infects" those who do go. I'm also sorry that we couldn't be there Sunday night, but I did enjoy the video you posted.
I'm reading the Gospel for Asia book and find that I can't read very big parts of it at a time because I have to take in what I am reading. It has a deep impact and is really putting me, as a Christian in America to shame and is giving me lots to think about.

Melissa said...

I am so disappointed that I couldn't be at church on Sunday night, I wish I could have heard more about your experience. I'm praying for you all and I can't wait to see what God has in store for you! :)

Melissa said...

And, I just watched the video....that song has a lot of meaning for me. And it was great to see a tiny bit of what you did in Haiti. And I LOVE the movie clip of the kids singing...I get a huge smile on my face listening to them! :)

Anita said...

Brenda - What a testimony to what God is doing in your own lives as well as in your ministry to the Haitian people. God is up to so much right now in your life and our lives. I'm so thankful He's at work! :) HUGS!~~Anita